March 17, 2009

Fire Alarm?

First off, I am sooo jazzed that we have 2 followers now, thanks to Rachie and my sis Steph! Hooray!


Also, in case you didn't notice, we changed the name of our blog. We think this will be more appropriate.


Today I experienced my first college fire drill. About a half-hour into my French class this morning, the fire alarm in the Adams Humanities building, if you will, went off and all of us had to grab our stuff and scamper out of the classroom. I have to say I felt a tiny twinge of anxiety for a moment thinking of certain catastrophic events. However, in the swarm of people walking out of the building, many of my fellow French class students tried to sneak off as my professor frantically yelled that we would continue class somewhere else. Luckily (for my professor) we found a short set of stairs where we sat like Socrates teaching his pupils, I wish we were wearing chitons and wreaths around our heads. Although, before continuing with class, we managed to stumble upon a fraternity that was giving away free green, chocolate chip pancakes and orange juice in lieu of St. Patty's Day.

I can't remember what we talked about today, but boy, were those free pancakes delicious! P.S. I am awaiting my professor's reaction to my french video I made. And we also have a bird family living with us. We'll keep you updated.


Keep making good decisions,

S

1 comment: