March 28, 2009

Construction is a beast


It is amazing how road construction always takes place where I live. Before I moved out on my own, the big street that I took to get to school and work had major construction for over a year. The day Molly and I moved to San Diego, I believe there was still some construction taking place. The next day, when I was "officially" moved out, I trekked back to Orange County to pick up a few odds and ends that I had left behind and the aforementioned street was CAT-free with a sign that said "Project Completed." Well, I don't know about the sign, but they were definitely finished with construction. About a week later, a construction company named Ortiz started ripping up the major street that we use to get to our apartment complex. And, every so often, I come home, unable to get to my apartment, because all of the small side streets used to get there are blocked off by construction. At this point in my day, it is hard to see inside my car, because the cloud of profanities fogs up the window.


I guarantee you guys, in about six months when Molly and I move to a new place, there will be construction where we live. I don't dare mention where we are thinking about relocating. I don't want to give Ortiz a head start.

1 comment:

  1. ha I know I hate construction. I moved into a house for 6 months and the whole time they would start construction at 730 am. Once they finally stopped we were told we had to move out because the landlord wanted his daughter to move in.

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
    twilasvintageclothing.com

    ReplyDelete